Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's officially the 31st of December now. For the past two new years, I've gotten really anxious about the outcome of my new year because the start of my year seems to start off progressively worse each time. I don't want a third bad start, so I suppose the point of this post is for a bit of reflection.

Well, I guess I'll start off with what I want for the new year. I want to be happy, most of all. I want to have security in my life and in the people around me (surprisingly hard). I want to do well at my papers at university. I want to experience more diversity in the society I live in. Heck, I really just want the year to start off NICELY. The anxiety I feel for the party to come is totally unnecessary, and I'm a bit embarrassed I feel this way. I really struggle with this time of year because there's always so much to let go of at the end of the year to begin the new one. I'm not good at giving things up.

So, my resolutions are as follows:

  1. Veganism would be ideal, if possible/affordable.
  2. Allow my confidence is grow.
  3. Get a little better at trusting.
  4. If tomorrow night just blows over like I expect, get the fuck back up and learn from my mistake this time.
  5. Study hard, of course.
  6. As always, treats others the way I want to be treated.
  7. No dwelling on the past. 
I haven't thought of more. I really do just want a nice start to the new year. Maybe I'll ask someone to help me make sure I don't fuck up. Maybe I shouldn't think of this as the end, either. It's such a silly and exaggerated thought on my behalf, New Years is supposed to be exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment